Gonzales Economic Development Corporation (GEDC) voted to add “chase lighting” to the Lynn Theater marquee and sign fix project. The addition moves the project total to $78,750.
According to GEDC board president Genora Young, the chase lighting effect will give the Lynn Theater sign a sequential movement, giving the illusion the lights are moving along a ladder.
Other news from the meeting:
- No public comments were given during the Lynn Theater hearing.
- The GEDC authorized its attorney to take action as discussed in executive session regarding outstanding fees owed by several area hotels.
- Minutes from March 25 and May 20 meetings were approved. Minutes from the June 17 meeting were tabled.
- Financial report was read and accepted as is.
- The board approved 2019-20 budget as presented.
- No action was taken regarding the 2019-20 two-year strategic plan.