Just as they had done previously, the Gonzales County Commissioners Court opted to comprise the Salary Grievance Committee of nine public members to be drawn and four alternate names. The court selected this make up out of two options at its meeting Monday, May 28. The other option would see the panel made up of “the sheriff, county tax assessor-collector, county treasurer, county clerk, district clerk, county attorney or criminal district attorney; along with the drawing of three names and two alternate names.”
The county clerk’s office will make recommendations on who those individuals will be at a later date.
Other news from the meeting:
- Crystal Cedillo, tax-collector-assessor, appointed to calculate and prepare effective, rollback and sales tax rates for Gonzales County.
- Victoria-based construction company Lauger Companies L.L.C. was approved to begin construction on the Justice of the Peace precinct 3 building. The court will pursue other bids for interior work.
- Variance request in precinct 1 was denied; while precinct 4 variance request was tabled. The court preferred to stay within set guidelines and not establish new precedent with variance requests.
- Court approved bids for two resale properties.
- Minutes from May 13 meeting were approved.
- Received monthly reports from constable precinct 4, county auditor, treasurer.
- Affidavit stating the county treasurer had fulfilled the requirements according to local government code approved.
- Report on motor vehicle sales tax commission was received.
- No public comments were given.
- Bills were read and approved.