Early voting for the March 1, 2022, joint primary election begins next Monday, Feb. 14, and continues through Friday, Feb. 25, at various locations throughout the county.
Polls will be open each weekday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. with extended hours from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Feb. 14. Early voting locations will also be open from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 19. All locations will be closed Feb. 21 for President’s Day.
The main early voting location is the Randle Rather Building, 427 St. George St., Gonzales.
Temporary early voting locations will include the City of Nixon Building, 302 E. Central, Nixon, and Waelder City Hall, 300 Hwy. 90 W, Waelder.
Election day voting will be held from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Tuesday, March 2. Locations for election day voting, which will use consolidated precincts, include the following:
• Precincts 1, 14 and 15: Randle Rather Building, 427 St. George St., Gonzales.
• Precincts 2 and 11: Gonzales Master Gardeners, 623 N. Fair St., Gonzales.
• Precincts 3, 5, 7 and 8: Gonzales City Building, 820 St. Joseph, Gonzales.
• Precincts 4, 6, 10 and 13: City of Nixon Building, 302 E. Central, Nixon.
• Precinct 9: Waelder City Hall, 300 Hwy. 90 W, Waelder.
• Precinct 12: J.B. Wells Jr. Park/Multipurpose Building, 2301 CR 197, Gonzales.
A sample ballot for the Republican primary — showing all countywide races and all races by precinct — can be found on page 15 of this newspaper. A sample ballot for the Democratic primary can be found on page 16.
Locally, there are six races in Gonzales County which are contested, all of which are in the Republican primary. Incumbents are indicated by (I):
• County Judge: Patrick Davis (I) and Connie Kacir.
• Sheriff: William Miller and Keith Schmidt (I).
• Treasurer: Sheryl Barborak (I) and Donald Page Jr.
• Precinct 2 Commissioner: Donnie Brzozowski (I) and Shane Brzozowski.
• Precinct 4 Commissioner: Collie Boatright Jr. (I) and Gabriel Peña.
• Precinct 1 Justice of the Peace: Jacey Trammell and Deidra D. Voigt (I).
Running unopposed are District Clerk Janice Sutton, County Clerk Lona Ackman, County Surveyor Seth Fullilove, Precinct 3 JP Jesse Almaraz and Precinct 4 JP Darryl Becker.