Tis the season for everything merry and bright, so what better way to round out a week of family and food with a heap of fun. In order to do that one simply has to put on one of those tacky sweaters, tune the radio to Jingle Bells and add Winterfest 2017 to your December calendar.
Winterfest 2017 is comprised of several events taking place the first weekend in December.
Saturday, December 2
• 9 a.m. – Breakfast with Santa – Enjoy a delicious Breakfast with Santa, sponsored by The Rotary Club, at First United Methodist Church,
• 9 a.m. until noon – Seasons Readings – Bring your children to Robert Lee Brothers Jr. Memorial Library and enjoy the nostalgia of listening to favorite Christmas stories being read aloud.
• 10 a.m. – Santa's Market shop for jewelry, yard art, Christmas decorations, or that special gift with any of the amazing vendors on Confederate square.
• 10 a.m. – Chili and Bean Cook-off
Also on the square, Join Gonzales Main Street for children's games, carolers and many other activities.
• 2 p.m. until 6 p.m. – Historic Homes Tour – Five beautiful homes are featured on this year's tour. The home tours continue on Sunday.
• 4 p.m. – Free Historic Organ Concert at First Presbyterian Church.
• 6 p.m. until 9 p.m. – Stars in the Village – Enjoy live music, cookies, wassail and campfire popcorn, at Pioneer Village Living History Center. Admission is $8 for adults and $5 for children ages 6 to 12. The fun continues the following weekend as well.
• 7 p.m. – Parade of Lights – Enjoy the lighted floats, cars, bicycles, walking groups, and of course Santa will make his arrival in downtown Gonzales. The parade starts at Gonzales Junior High School and will travel down St. Louis Street to Circle Texas Heroes Square and Confederate Square then leave downtown on St. Lawrence Street.
Following the parade, Gonzales Main Street will light the Christmas tree to officially turn on the Christmas Lights in downtown Gonzales. This celebration will include Carolers, music, arts and crafts vendors, refreshments and of course Santa.
Sunday, December 3
• 2 p.m. until 6 p.m. – Historic Homes Tour – Continued from Saturday. Tickets are $20 and available at Gonzales Chamber of Commerce.