IN CASE YOU MISSED IT
News & notes from public meetings Oct. 28
Gonzales County Commissioners Court Oct. 28
- Precinct 1 Commissioner Dell Whiddon was absent from the meeting.
- Minutes from the Oct. 15 meeting were approved.
- The county auditor’s monthly report was received and accepted.
- The court deputized Ashley Boedeker to work in the county clerk’s office.
- 2020 TCDRS plan agreement was approved.
- The court cast 1,000 votes for Craig Hines and 426 for Lauren Clampit on behalf of the county for the Gonzales County Appraisal District board of director’s election.
- The court approved an updated list of election judges and alternates for term beginning Oct. 15, 2019 to Aug. 31, 2020.
- The court authorized Emergency Management Coordinator Jimmy Harless to have a county cell phone in lieu of paying him portion of his personal cell phone.
- The district judge ordered final plat of Kocian subdivision in precinct 2 was approved.
- A Gonzales County Sheriff’s Office SUV was declared surplus and authorized for sale. The court also authorized the purchase of a replacement vehicle not to exceed the amount of $45,000.
- Several corrections on several vehicle surplus declarations and purchases were made and approved.
- Three temporary positions for Precinct 2 were approved. The positions will work on construction of the new county annex building in Waelder.
- The court selected Dec. 5 as the date of the county’s Christmas party.
- The commissioners court 2020 schedule was accepted with one change: the Oct. 12, 2020 meeting was moved to Oct. 13, 2020. Oct. 12, 2020 is Columbus Day.
- The county’s 2020 holiday schedule was accepted as is.
Gonzales Economic Development Corporation Oct. 28
- Minutes from the Sept. 16 meeting was approved.
- The Sept. 2019 financial report was read and accepted as is.
- The 2019-20 annual report was approved. The plan now moves to Gonzales City Council for approval.
- The board authorized GEDC president/CEO Genora Young to expend funds not to exceed $10,000 for the repair of bathroom facilities and plumbing at the Lynn Theater.
- Dewey Smith was reappointed board president, Tommy Cox retained the board vice president position, Larry Wehde remained board treasurer and Gerri Lawing will continue the board’s secretary.
- Young provided updates on the Lynn Theater, community activities, continuing education, promotional items and business development.
- The board discussed the GEDC 2019-20 2-year strategic plan.